EXETER 'CHANGE' STRAND. NOW PULLED DOWN.

image95029

Thomas Shepherd


Exeter 'Change' Strand. Now Pulled Down.

Chine-colle engraving, 1829.
Image size 4 x 5 3/4" (10.2 x 14.7 cm).
Good condition.
LOCATION: New York City

Inventory Number: 95029
Price: $45.00
Publisher : Jones & Co. Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square, London, Nov 7. 1829.
Drawn by Tho. H. Shepherd. Engraved by T. Barber.

Built in the late 17th century, the building stood on the north side of the Strand in London, England. It featured an arcade (a shopping center) and a famed menagerie. The building was demolished in 1829 and was subsequently replaced with Exeter Hall until around 1907, when it was bought out and demolished to make way for the Strand Palace Hotel.
18th-19th Century Subjects , Town Views - Europe , England - London

MORE WORKS BY THOMAS SHEPHERD