COL. ROGER MORRIS' HOUSE, WASHINGTONS HEAD QUARTERS SEPT. 1776, NOW KNOWN AS MADAME JUMEL'S RES.

image96522


Col. roger Morris' House, Washingtons Head Quarters Sept. 1776, now known as Madame Jumel's Res.

Two stone lithograph, 1854.
Image size 3 1/2 x 6 1/8" (90 x 15.5 cm).
Overall good condition with original color. Some minor staining.
LOCATION: New York City

Inventory Number: 96522
Price: $65.00
Publisher : Published in the D. T. Valentine Manual.
On stone 'Lith. G. Hayward, 120 Water St. N. Y." From the “Manuel of the Common Council of the City of New York” by D.T Valentine published from 1841 - 1870.

This building not only still stands, it is considered the oldest building in New York City. Today it serves as a museum rather than a private dwelling.
18th-19th Century Subjects , New York City - Under $300 , Manhattan - Uptown